Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Newfie Mittens Eh

In this particular picture the grey pair and the maroon pair are mine (one being made for me and the other my first pair) BUT I have a red and black pair that are up for sale...picture to come. My newfie mittens! I have been asked SOOO many times why they are called newfie mittens...so I googled and asked some newfie friends of mine and here's what they told me...

They're called newfie mittens because they were first designed in NFLD for fishermen to keep their hands warm. Like all mittens you must move your fingers some what to keep your circulation moving otherwise your hands will be cold. (not because they're funny looking lol) This goes for any type of mitten (unless they're 50$ name brand nylon-fleece-things). I hate those to be honest. They are usually far too bulky and most often than not, smell like plastic. None the less, here are my newfie mittens. I love them so much!

These mittens can come in about 100 different colour and about 1000 different combinations. The green pair of mittens is actually hunters mittens. There is a little hole just above the thumb over your pointer/trigger finger so you can shoot easily. (They are custom order)

I charge as follows:
Adult (7" hand with 3" cuff) - 10$
Child (5" hand with 3" cuff) - 8$
Baby (3" hand with 2" cuff and no thumb) - 5$







No comments: